Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Frozen Upon Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 centerforcc

centerforcc

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

Every time I start up the computer, the mouse is frozen, meaning there is an arrow on the screen, but none of the mouse buttons do anything. To rectify the problem, all I have to do is disconnect and reconnect the usb at the computer, and then it works. But I am tired of doing that every day. It is a Kensington Optical Elite mouse, Windows xp pro on an HP desktop. I hooked the nouse to a laptop and started it up, and it did NOT have the same problem. I called Kensington and they said it was a computer issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hi!

Looks like a driver issue to me. Try uninstalling the drivers and then restarting (however, note that once you uninstall the mouse drivers, you won't be able to use it. So you'll need to navigate using a keyboard).

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 centerforcc

centerforcc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

I tried uninstalling the operating software that came with the mouse, and then reinstalling it. Is that what you meant?

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

Hi!

I tried uninstalling the operating software that came with the mouse, and then reinstalling it. Is that what you meant?

Not sure what you mean by "operating software".

However, you can uninstall drivers by opening your control panel and then double clicking "Device Manager". This will list out all hardware drivers that your computer has installed at the moment.

If you look through, you should see a section for your mouse. Click the mouse's driver, then click the button at the top of the window with the red X on it, and it will uninstall the driver.

Again, be warned that this will render your mouse useless and to reinstall the driver, you will either need to restart your computer (navigating through the keyboard), or unplug and re-plug the mouse in (and auto-detect should install the driver).

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users