Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse keeps pausing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Necroscope84

Necroscope84

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hello, I'm having trouble with my mouse. Basically sometime this last week my mouse started pausing every few seconds. I just put in a new video card and power supply but I don't see why that would cause this. My new power supply is way better than my old one but I don't know. I also updated my video card, motherboard and various odd programs. I keep everything up to date and use AVG free antivirus, Spybot S&D, A-Squared and Windows Defender (Its never found anything Lol) and haven't found any virus' or spyware. I had my optical mouse on a normal port, it uses a usb but I had a little extension thing for it but I took it out and have it on my front usb now. That one seems to do a bit better. It was making a noise every few minutes - the noise the pc makes when you plug something new in a usb slot but that's stopped now. My connections on the back for my mouse and keyboard felt loose when I put my mouse in it although keyboard is nice and snug.

Any help would be much appreciated. It's hard to play any of my games when my mouse keeps pausing every few seconds. Also I keep loosing my mouse pointer and will have to shake my mouse around in order to find it again. I'll check back every so often to see if anyone's replied. I know my problem isn't severe so it's probably not a top priority but if you get a chance I'd appreciate some help. I may have some spyware or virus stuff left over that I never got rid of. I had some bad stuff hit my pc last year while trying to update my pc and had to do a destructive recovery.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

Hi!
Your problem, this:

It was making a noise every few minutes - the noise the pc makes when you plug something new in a usb slot but that's stopped now.

and this:

My connections on the back for my mouse and keyboard felt loose when I put my mouse in it although keyboard is nice and snug.

All point to the possibility that it's perhaps your mouse's connection that may have gotten damaged. It appears that the mouse looses connectivity (maybe a loose wire?) and hence, you get the hardware disconnection sound from windows.

The best way to see if this is the case is to try a different mouse. Does the problem still occur?

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 Necroscope84

Necroscope84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

Yes that was it, I put a normal track ball mouse in the back and it works fine now. It's funny I ran through every program, every virus and spyware program trying to find some major "technical" reason when it was the simplest issue, replace the mouse, Lol. Thanks for the help and pointing this out. I have no idea why I didn't think of it first. I appreciate it.

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

No problem! Glad you fixed your problem :huh:

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users