Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer will not boot up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dablackfly

dablackfly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

Ok this may take a little time but I'll explain it as best I can. So I just bought all new components to do a gaming computer build.
System looks like this:
Case: Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case w/ 25CM Fan
PSU: OCZ Z Series Gold OCZZ850 850W ATX12V 2.3
MB: EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED "Overclocker's Pick" 3-Way SLI + PhysX 1366 Intel X58 EATX Intel Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 6Gb (3 x 2Gb)
CPU: Intel Core i7 950
CPU Cooler: Zalman 120mm 2 Ball Low-noise Blue LED CPU Cooler
Video Card: 2 x nVidia GTX 275 896MB (SLI Enabled)
HDD: (4 x SATA) (1 x IDE) - 1 x 300Gb WD Velociraptor, 1 x 2Tb WD, 1 x 160Gb, 1 x 200Gb Maxtor, 1 x 185Gb (IDE Drive)
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme Platinum

My issue is that when I go to turn on my computer it won't start. So I take the side off and monkey with the cables and try this a few times and finally it will start up but will shut off if you start plugging things into it. Also it will not boot up and will freeze when it shows the MB logo screen. I'll mess with the connections again and restart the computer a couple of times until it boots up finally. Once I got it to finally boot up it doesn't see my 2Tb drive nor does it recognize my IDE drive. Does anyone have any idea what the he** is going on with this computer. I shouldn't be having this much trouble with a brand new $2800 computer. I'm close to taking it somewhere and paying to have it fixed (whatever is wrong with it) but I really don't want to do that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users