Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DrWeb won't complete scan in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrh2opro

mrh2opro

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

After a disaster a couple months ago - that you guys helped me to recover - I've been following some of the procedures with MBAM, DrWeb Cureit, TFC.exe, etc... on a regular basis. I have The Shield Deluxe as my resident antivirus package and Windows' standard firewall. I can't seem to run a DrWeb Cureit in Safe Mode. It gets about 10-15 minutes into the initial scan, then the PC reboots on its own.

Please don't tell me I'm infected again. It runs fine under a regular bootup. Neither it nor Shield Deluxe (same as BitDefender), are catching anything though.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:20 PM

Try a fresh download
Do you use Winpatrol or Spybot S&D's Teatimer function?
Anything that monitors and disables registry changes need to be disabled
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mrh2opro

mrh2opro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

I download and immediately reboot into Safe Mode. Same results. It crashes and reboots on its own. No other package is running, as far as I know. I only have BitDefender installed, and that should be disabled under Safe Mode. MBAM isn't picking up anything. Neither is Shield/BitDefender. Nevertheless, DrWeb keeps crashing in Safe Mode. Might just be an anomoly, but want to confirm. Thanks for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users