Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hovering mouse over website link-can that be changed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

I'm using windows 7 starter and have noticed that when I hover my mouse over a website link the website name does not appear like it does in Windows XP. does anyone know if there is a setting for this so that I can see the website? not that big of a deal, but, well, I am used to seeing that and would rather have that capability with Windows 7 if at all possible.

thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

I'm now wondering if it's a setting in IE that I need to change....there's stuff that shows up at the bottom of the page when I'm on XP. like when you're blogging you can see how many new comments are loading, that kind of thing. I cannot see that stuff in Win 7.

anybody have any ideas? thanks!

Edited by tobyo, 15 December 2009 - 07:27 PM.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:35 PM

That really depends on how the link is accessed. If it is a simple anchor tag, which is not all that common anymore, then the link will be available at the bottom. If it is a link accessed via a javascript call, it will not appear at the bottom.

#4 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

That really depends on how the link is accessed. If it is a simple anchor tag, which is not all that common anymore, then the link will be available at the bottom. If it is a link accessed via a javascript call, it will not appear at the bottom.

so..........how do I find that out? and, once I do, and it's the javascript thing, is there no way to change that then?

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

Simple; if you hover over a link, then that means it is a simple HTML anchor tag. If you hover over a link and nothing is shown, then it is a javascript link. There is nothing you can do to change that. :huh:

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

awe shucks.

but thanks for the explanation nonetheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users