Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cvcLaunchdbg.log

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 InshoreSlam

InshoreSlam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

Can you please tell me what this file is? It is located in the C:\Drive (c:\cvcLaunchdbg.log). It is locked by the winlogon.exe. I have ran several virus scans and they come back clean. The file contains a bunch of registry values.

Please let me know if you need any further info.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

Do you live in Oregon? Has your computer ever lived in Oregon?

http://www.cvc.net/

Is an isp. The name of the file implies it could be a debug log and should be text and not executable.

Do you have all the windows updates and an updated antivirus or security suite?

If you have some indication that your computer has a problem with the file, post the details.

The phrase cvc launch in google will point you to all kinds of details of a large drugstore chain called CVC.

#3 InshoreSlam

InshoreSlam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Thanks, but no, my computer has never lived in Oregon. It starts a new file at every bootup. The oldest was 12/1/09. I just wanted to make sure it wasnt a winlogon virus or keylogger. I am about to reload and start from stratch. I agree, I have searched many, many times and come up with nothing that matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users