Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First time user need help removing a possible false positive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kdpickard

kdpickard

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

Resident Shield keep popping up a Trojan Horse PSW.Generic7.AUBW. I have perused AVG forums and haven't seen that there's a fix. I found one post that indicated ComboFix would do it, but ComboFix is now not available. I don't know how to get rid of this. It so far doesn't seem to be doing damage but it's annoying and I don't know whether it's sending info out to the author that I don't want them to have.

I run WindowsXP SP2. It says the file name is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

I've found conflicting info on the support forums and just don't know which way to go. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, all the posts are older at this point and I've seen nothing concrete from AVG.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users