AV - Eset, Nod
If I'm supposed to write something else as well, please do say so.
For 6 months it has been working fine. Desktop computer connected to router via LAN (or ethernet, I don't know which expression is the right one), laptop connected wirelessly to that same router, and IPTV connected via LAN.
Then all of a sudden a few nights ago, no internet connection on desktop comp with notification about 'no connectivity or low connectivity'. All indication lamps on the router show as before.
We have so far tried (and nothing worked): (we have good working computer knowledge, but not troubleshooting and stuff)
- restarted router many times
- restarted computer many times
- did a system restore
- unplugged the router's power
- disconnected laptop from the network
- changed the LAN cable for a new one
- changed the IP address from automatically to manually and typed some other addresses (as advised by our ISP who in the end said that we need to reinstall the drivers for network card)
- following our ISP's advice, we tried to find the the driver in device manager, there was a driver named network controller, we thought that was the one and uninstalled it, rebooted the computer and tried to install the driver back from the disk that came with the computer (supposedly all drivers on one disk), but the disk said all drivers are installed. Now we don't have that network controller installed.
Device manager isn't showing any exclamation marks or other marks.
Windows diagnostic says that router is working fine.
Also, I don't know if it's related, but the internet on the laptop is slower than before and many times I get 'web page unavailable, connection time out' and stuff.
Edited by kacca, 14 December 2009 - 08:04 AM.