Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DOWNGRADING FROM VISTA TO WINDOWS XP SP2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kavenuke

Kavenuke

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:11 AM

HI, FRIENDS!

AM HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY NEW LAPTOP PRODUCT OF HP,MODEL-HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC.WITH WINDOWS VISTA INSTALLED ON
FACTORY.SO MY PROBLEM IS THAT,AM TRYING TO DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL BUT MY LAPTOP DOESNT SUPPORT WINDOWS XP
AND NO SUPPORT FROM HP WEBSITE ON THAT.
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE ASSIST ME ANY CONCEPT,HOW CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS XP,AS AM NOT INTERESTED WITH WINDOWS VISTA.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

1. You should be sure to find Windows XP drivers for your HP laptop computer.
2. Installing Windows XP - means having a Windows XP CD (HP usually setting BIOS for 1'st boot option to be from a CD-ROM, 2'nd from HDD... if it's not so, access your BIOS and change the order as mentioned).

3. You don't need to type all in Caps Lock mode... :thumbsup:

Good luck to you, my friend... I've had an HP laptop too, in the oldies of 2005'th (compaq nx7010)... :flowers:
rhino1366

#3 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

HP Pavilion dv6 is a general series name. If you want help finding the details of your laptop and what the best way to do the downgrade is, post the entire model number from the sticker on the back, or go here and read the instructions for finding the info you need to locate the correct drivers.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...p;product=18073

When HP says they don't support something, that just means they will not walk you through how to do stuff except with the OS that shipped with your laptop. That does not mean you can't install a retail copy of xp on it and look up the drivers yourself either from them or from the component manufacturer. There is a chance your model shipped with xp, vista and win7 and all three os's are available to order recovery dvd sets. Usually if it shipped with vista, it can be upgraded to win7 via the OEM. Some of the newer ones have a free upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users