Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spyware removal problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jgriff09

jgriff09

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

Hi, I've run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware several times and it gives me a list of 8 trojans, which I then remove, some of which the program says it can only remove after I reboot. After I reboot, I run the program again, and the same 8 infected objects come up. One of them is notepad.dll, which I looked up and confirmed I should delete. I also bumped into another problem while searching online how to remove these infected objects, since Malwarebytes' was only finding them. The only real problem I've come across on my computer is this: when I do a Google search or a YouTube search or pretty much any site with links, when I click on those links, it starts to redirect me to another site. I've discovered the only way to actually get the link to work is to refresh the page with F5 and immediately click the link. Specifically with Google, after doing a search, for about a quarter second I see the normal Google logo on the left side of the search bar with my search text, and then the logo changes to the weird logo in the picture I attached. I really have no clue what to do at this point. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:46 AM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

Can you supply us with the log from malwarebytes so we can see the exact trojans/malware that you have this may help us in supplying removal instructions
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users