Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot disc problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andesonty

andesonty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:14 AM

ok so i have just recently moved to az where i brought a burned copy (original is staying in hometown for safe keeping) of windows 7 ultimate and the install went just fine on my desktop with the x64 version. but now when i try to put it on my laptop inspiron 1521 with memory upgraded to 2.5gb it does not work and does not boot properly and gives me an error while loading windows files, but when i try to boot it from my desktop the disc works perfectly fine. wondering what i can do about this... anything will be helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:59 AM

This may be due to bad or low quality DVD drive in your laptop. You should burn the DVD or CD at very slow speed (10x) for these to read the contents.
If your desktop can read the contents of the DVD, and you have a spare USB stick with at least 4GB free space. You can create a bootable USB stick to install Windows 7 from. Ofcourse, your laptop should be able to boot from USB devices for this to work.

Read more : Install Windows 7 from USB stick

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

Try pulling all but one stick of memory. I`m guessing you are running 2x1G & 1x512. Try leaving in 1 Gig, though leaving in 2 might work as well.

#4 andesonty

andesonty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

i am actually doing 1x2gb and 1x512.... i dont know if that makes any difference...

#5 andesonty

andesonty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

i just did a fresh install of windows vista home premium. no drivers or anything have been installed yet but it gives me the same errors and problems when trying to load the Win7 Ultimate x64 version and Win7 Home Premium x86 version... i tried it on someone elses laptop and it worked perfectly fine....

anyone else have any input? is there anyway i can connect her computer to mine (or my dvd rom) and install it from there onto the harddrive??

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

I would pull out the odd stick of RAM. In your case probably the 512.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users