Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Referenced Memory Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Snake42490

Snake42490

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hey Guys I was browsing my email and listening to music on youtube when my computer started making this loud glitched out sound... It first did it for about 2 seconds then went back to being fine.. I continued working and it happened again about 2 minutes later. This time it kept up until it brought up the blue screen of death. I couldn't catch anything on that blue screen besides windows is shutting down to prevent itself from damage or something. When i restarted it was VERY slow. it was at the black windows loading bar for 4 minutes before it continued to load. Once it loaded it instantly came up with The instruction at 0x7857d780 referenced memory at 0x000000000. The memory could not be read.. The box was ccsvchst.exe... I believe that is my 2010 Norton Security. After I got those errors to go away the computer came up with Windows Corrupt File. The file or directory C:/Windows is corrupt and unreadable. Please run chkdisk utility. Once I closed out of all those errors blue screen came up and i caught something Page_file.. then it restarted. The computer will boot up VERY slow but it instantly freezes once it hits windows.. Start wont respond.. Taskmanager wont open nothing. I am unable to boot into safe mode as well. It just freezes up while trying. I am running Windows XP SP3. Hope this all helps. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:28 AM

At first glance I would test the memory first. You can download a free program to test it called memtest86 burn it to a cd and reboot and run the the computer from the cd/rom (you need to make sure your cd/dvd rom is selected as the primary boot device in your bios menu).
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Snake42490

Snake42490
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

ok i am doing that now. I did a hd test with GWScan and hard drive cameup with over 200 read and write errors. I will let you know how memory test goes

#4 Snake42490

Snake42490
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

I did the memory test and it came back as passed no errors.

anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Snake42490, 15 December 2009 - 05:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users