Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hdmi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CROSSBONES

CROSSBONES

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

Is there a dual HDMI video card w/sound out there? Will I be able to mirror two tv/monitors with sound using the integrated speakers? Is there a card with two hdmi, a vga and a dvi? Should I use two cards and switch over when needed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:41 AM

Not that I can find. Your only option would be a card that has 2-DVI out puts and use DVI-D to HDMI converter but it won't have sound.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 CROSSBONES

CROSSBONES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

Not that I can find. Your only option would be a card that has 2-DVI out puts and use DVI-D to HDMI converter but it won't have sound.

That's what I'm trying to beat! There are cards with dvi and hdmi, but I do not know if I could run a dvi to the tv/monitor with add on speakers and still run hdmi with sound to the big screen. I'm surprised that there is not one out there! Am I the only person that needs this?

Edited by CROSSBONES, 14 December 2009 - 10:02 AM.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

Well, I have my card(s) set up DVI out to monitor, and the other DVI output hooked up to the TV via the HDMI. 4870s decode sound on card and feed it to the TV so I use my TV speakers for audio. ATI cards generally have sound decode built in.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 CROSSBONES

CROSSBONES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

Well, I have my card(s) set up DVI out to monitor, and the other DVI output hooked up to the TV via the HDMI. 4870s decode sound on card and feed it to the TV so I use my TV speakers for audio. ATI cards generally have sound decode built in.

Please tell me your exact set up and names of the cards. Do you have two cards?

#6 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

Single ATI 4870, twin DVI out, 1 HDMI adapter. As far as I know all 4XXX series ATI and up do onboard sound. I have to right click on my volume icon, select "Playback Devices", select "ATI HDMI Output", and thats it. I have another 4870 in my old system I use as an HTPC that's used HDMI from day one.

I think the later NVidia cards also have a connector to hook up the SPDIF output so you can use an HDMI cable for audio as well.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users