Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix is back on-line!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

From the author of comboFix

ComboFix is not available for download until an issue with the program has been resolved. Please be patient while the developer fixes the program and makes it available once again. As more information becomes available, we will update this page.

DO NOT attempt to download ComboFix from sites other than BleepingComputer.com and Forospyware.com!

Other sites hosting ComboFix are not authorized mirrors and are hosting outdated copies of ComboFix that contain a bug that may render some machines unbootable. Using unauthorized mirrors of ComboFix puts your computer at risk of not booting again. Please wait for the official version to be fixed and released again.

Edited by rigel, 19 December 2009 - 10:12 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Missionaryman

Missionaryman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

Thank you for the information. I am waiting patiently for the updated ComboFix.
It is an outstanding tool, thanks for the Developer.

#3 juancaisalnes

juancaisalnes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

ok thank developer :thumbsup:

#4 atiq

atiq

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:31 AM

When combofix will be available.

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

The developer is working on the program as we speak. It should not be much longer. Hopefully a day or two.

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 jacques.gache

jacques.gache

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

bonjour , il est proposer une version dite bêta est elle réel ou pas http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Beta/KittyFix.exe

#7 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

Post#6 translates to: hello, is offering a beta version said it was real or not http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Beta/KittyFix.exe.

#8 gkuhns

gkuhns

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

i found the same link on the BleepingComputer Facebook page but when I tried to run it on a Vista machine, it promptly informed me that only xp/2000 are supported. Is this true?

#9 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

I don't know why Vista isn't working. The beta stage should be finished in the next day or so - if all goes well. Stay tuned.

#10 gkuhns

gkuhns

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

Sorry, I didn't notice that it was actually 64bit version of vista. That explains that. Is there a 64bit version of this amazing tool coming?

#11 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

That explains that. Is there a 64bit version of this amazing tool coming?

Currently No. For the time being and a while, CF won't be compatible with 64bit. Most 64bit system are not severely infected due to how 64bit systems are structured.

--

Anyways, Combofix is now available at the main page at BleepingComputer: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

The BC link works but the Forospyware link still doesn't work. The second link should also be working very soon.

With Regads,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,087 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

I didn't notice that it was actually 64bit version of vista

Microsoft created a new folder (C:\Windows\SysWOW64) that contains all the 32-bit .dll files required for compatibility which run on top of the 64-bit version of Windows. WOW64 is the x86 emulator that allows 32-bit Windows-based applications to run on 64-bit Windows but x86 applications are re-directed to the x86 \syswow64 when seeking the x64 \system32. For a more detailed explanation, please refer to Making the Move to x64: File System Redirection. Be aware that many of the tools we use for malware removal are designed for 32-bit systems and do not work or can give misleading results on 64-bit machines. For instance, running HijackThis on a 64-bit machine may show log entries which indicate indicate (file missing) when that is NOT always the case. Anti-malware scanners and many specialized fix tools have problems enumerating the drivers and services on 64-bit machines so they do not always work properly.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#13 Beenthere

Beenthere

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:18 PM