Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Battery Not Working Properly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

Hi,
I have heard this is a common problem amongst Acer Aspire One Netbooks, but I need some pro advice.

You can guess what type of computer i have,
the battery doesn't charge. All i get is an orange blinking light for the battery light. The NB works fine when plugged in, but otherwise it doesn't work.I would really like to know if the Acer Support has it right, do I need to do the recommended BIOS update? Or do I have some other problem, and need anew battery/and or charger?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

Another thing, just turned on computer, before BIOS, pulled power plug, NB turned off. Then plugged it back in, the charging light is steady. Did I maybe do something? Or is this just a random fix that worked?

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

Is it still charging properly?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic