Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitoring cellphone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 slack3r

slack3r

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

Hay,My 16 year old daughter just purchased a LG Rumor2 cellphone and I want to keep track of her activities.What would be the best(legal or otherwise)software or gadget to do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

While I understand your concern, because of the nature of your question, I doubt you will get too many answers
Have a look here
http://www.google.com/search?q=monitor+chi...lient=firefox-a

Edited by garmanma, 13 December 2009 - 01:48 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Hay,My 16 year old daughter just purchased a LG Rumor2 cellphone and I want to keep track of her activities.What would be the best(legal or otherwise)software or gadget to do this?

It is against BC forum rules to post anything that is illegal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

Some of the things they come out with are just too much, you can basically stalk your own child these days.

#5 DedicatedGamer

DedicatedGamer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

I do not have an answer to this question. But if I might add my opinion: I understand how parents want to make sure their children safe and out of trouble, but please; Teens, being rebellious as they are, will always find a way around whatever you may think to throw at them. By forcing your way into her phone, it potentially could severely damage the trust between parent and child.
If you want her to be safe and out of trouble, have a talk with her. Let her know you are concerned for her, but tell her that you trust her judgment. (Whether that is true or not is up to you)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users