Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows not detecting external

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Quinnzo

Quinnzo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

This is reallllllllly important, my Dad's going to flip when he gets back.

We wen't halfs on an external hard drive which Windows in now not detecting, it comes up under device manager where it says everythings dandy however under volumes it has no data for the drive.

When you load up Disk Management it says I must initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager can access it. Disk 2 is already checked and MBR is selected so when I press Okay an error message pops up saying 'Incorrect Function' Same when I select GPT instead of MBR.Posted Image
Then when I try to right click Initialize disk is grayed out. It wasn't about half an hour ago though :/ Half an hour ago when I pressed Initialze disk it came up with 'incorrect function' again

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

Try something basic...like powering it down or disconnecting it...then reconnecting, powering it on.

Check the jumper setting. Ignore that...thinking it was a hard drive you put in a USB enclosure.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 13 December 2009 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users