Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Post Antivirus System Pro Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brunofan

brunofan

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:38 AM

I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

A few weeks ago I was hit with some mal-ware that installed a program called Antivirus System Pro. After gettting help from these forums I was able to get rid of it but my computer just hasn't been the same so I am not sure the entire problem was solved. All of a sudden a few nights ago I was on the internet and the dreaded Windows blues screen of death came up. This was the 1st time I have seen it before and it suggested a restart of the computer. I did that and the blue screen came back up. It then recommended re-booting in the safe mode and I am unable to do that either. It takes me back to the blue screen and I can do nothing else with the computer. At the bottom I get some technical error codes that are:

0x0000007e (0xC0000005, 0x82f2de7a, 0xF8A797b0, 0xF8a794ac)

Can someone please offer some advice?? I am somewhat knowledgable about computers but nowhere near as advanced as most of the people that post here so if someone has the patience to help me out I would greatly appreciate it! I am posting from a 2nd computer in the house.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:50 AM

You should post this topic in the Windows XP area of the forums, you will get better help there.

#3 brunofan

brunofan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

You should post this topic in the Windows XP area of the forums, you will get better help there.

I did but was told to post it here as well :thumbsup:

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

Hmm, well then I guess just wait. I think I can see why they would want you to post in both places, but it is usually recommended to only have 1 topic open for the same issue in case different people in different topics tell you completely different things to do to fix it.

#5 brunofan

brunofan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

Thanks and I appreciate the advice so far!

#6 brunofan

brunofan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

Resolved this problem/issue on my own.................topic can be closed!

#7 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

Could you possibly post what you did to solve the problem? In that case we can all learn from it :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users