Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung software

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 electriclott

electriclott

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

Can someone recommend software that I can use to take pictures and data off a Samsung shc - r400. And transfer to pc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:29 PM

Is there any type of mini/micro USB port on the phone?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

From Samsung FAQ's:

MetroPCS : How Do I Transfer Pictures From My MetroPCS SCH-R400 Phone To My Computer?

How Do I Transfer Pictures From My MetroPCS SCH-R400 Phone To My Computer?

Using MetroPCS picture·talk®, you can receive digital photos & send them to another camera handset or to any standard e-mail address.

Please consult with your service provider for information regarding compatible carriers or any additional fees that may be incurred.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/s...sub_class_cd=P#

Item # 097879 on page 4 of the FAQ's

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

If the data is on a microcard, the solution is a USB gadget which plugs into the computer and data can be moved/copied, as Animal said.

A program worth checking into is BitPim, you should be able to navigate to the list of supported phones
http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/

Problem might be the Samsung drivers which might or might not work.
Much of it also depends on the providers who lockout many features, or force you to pay for transfers by mail.

Reading howard forums also might get you an answer - here's one, but I'm not sure it's ok
http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/1583737-1.html

Edited by tos226, 13 December 2009 - 09:07 PM.

#5 electriclott

electriclott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

yes i have the data cable

#6 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

I was sloppy in my writing. By a "USB gadget" I meant a USB card reader. That's a thing into which you plug the memory card (SD card for instance) from the phone. Then you plug this combo into a computer and it's recognized as a drive, so you can copy everything from the card. It's useful only of course if your phone permits saving all pictures on the little memory card.

Data cable is another thing. That's what can be used to connect the phone directly to the computer. And assuming you can find correct Samsung drivers (good luck!!) to work the USB port and a CDMA diagnostic COM port, then a program such as BitPim is used for data transfers. That's assuming the developers know that phone so that it is supported. When you got the data cable, did you also get the drivers that are supposed to work?

#7 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Outlook Sync No
WIFI No
AGPS No
TV-Output No
NFC No
PC Sync Application No

^ Your phone doesn't support PC Sync.

So your best bet would be to save the content onto a memory card and access the same using a memory card reader connected to your PC.

Alternatively, you can also purchase a bluetooth dongle for your PC and send files from/to your phone using Bluetooth.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 14 December 2009 - 06:14 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#8 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

The phone should come with the right software. My Samsung phone came with a CD of Samsung PC Studio.
USB cable cannot transfer the files inside the phone without the software. It can transfer files only on the SD Card without the software.

You can download Samsung PC Studio 3.2 from here for FREE : http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Tele...PC-Studio.shtml

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users