Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 poohouse

poohouse

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

Hello,
First here is the information on my computer:
Gateway Laptop computer
AMD 64 Athlon X2
NVIDIA Graphics
Realtek Wireless
Browser: Internet Exlporer 8.0.6001.18865 (found in properties)
Internet connection: wireless through Comcast.net
Antivirus program: Trend Micro
Problem Program: Adobe Flash Player 10

Okay, we recently moved and went to a wireless connection for our internet connection. The tech that came out to set up the internet connection and cable was not trustworthy. He spent over an hour on the computer. I was at work and my husband was home but not in the room. It seemed odd that he was on the computer that long. Also techs that usually come over have us put in our own password for the internet provider. Not this one, he asked my husband to write it down. This guy also had a major attitude. My husband thinks he took the password with him. Ever since that tech has been here I have had problems with the laptop. The main concern right now is Adobe Flash Player.

Every time I go to a website that uses Flash it tells me that I need the most updated version. I have updated the most current version and the sites give me the same message. Here is what I have done so far:

uninstalled older versions using Adobe's uninstaller.
Restarted
Reinstalled Adobe Flash Player
Restarted
Followed all the troubleshooting that Adobe had for installation problems
Followed the instructions from another post in here "Adobe Flash Player will not install, Can't get Adobe FP" by robbieray in this same section.
Checked internet options to make sure Active X controls and downloads were enabled or set on prompt
Checked "Manage Add On" to make sure anything with Adobe was enabled.
Followed Adobe's instructions for getting rid of Compatibility flags in the registry editor
Have run the installers using "Run as Administrator"
Have checked my security settings
I have restarted after every attempt of uninstalling and reinstalling.
I have kept up on maintainance such as defragmenting, disk clean up and deleting temp folders, histories etc
I have run the virus scan on Trend Micro, Spysweeper, and a free one called Malwarebytes (which I found on bleeping computer)
Malwarebytes found one in registry and it said that it removed it. The others found nothing.

That is all I can think of and I am really frustrated. I keep running into websites that need to use it and I have one game site that I pay for (Pogo.com) that uses Flash Player. Please help if you can. I have given about all the information I can think of. If you need more info let me know.
Thank you so much in advance for your time.
poohouse

Edited by poohouse, 13 December 2009 - 12:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:10 AM

Adobe just released a new version of Flash. I updated a couple of days ago. So you might want to try it again.

#3 poohouse

poohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

I have tried it. Yesterday evening I uninstalled and reinstalled this stupid thing about 5 or 6 times and it won't work right. Please someone help! I really don't want to have to go to Geeksquad or something. I am not a computer Guru, but I am familiar with computers and somewhat computer saavy. I have looked through all troubleshooting articles and the tutorials that are provided on this website. Still nothing works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users