Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting contents of temp folders

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pounded clown

pounded clown

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

When I go to clean out my temp folders in Safe Mode I usually do so having opted to show hidden files and folders including those of the operating system. I often come across "index.dat" and "desktop.ini." files in "Temp" sub-folders like "Content.IE5". As they belong to a temp folder is it safe to delete them eventhough Windows warns us that these are system files that if deleted might affect any programs they might have served.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

If you want to be cleaning out temp files and folders download ccleaner from http://www.piriform.com but only use it as a file cleaner don't use it as a registry cleaner, as registry cleaners are not very reliable, but as for file cleaners this is the best one out there ! :thumbsup:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

ATF-Cleaner by Atribune:

http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25

Fast n simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic