Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hard drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J.C.

J.C.

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

Help: I installed a second HDD and was not recognised in Bios and in Device Manager. I rechecked the system and found that the ribbon cable was loose. Reconnected and rechecked bios and the device manager and hdd was detected ok. I shut down the PC and restarted once again but wooo the message on bottom left of screen was 'Ntldr is missing error'.
Any idea how to fix it as the PC won't boot.
TIA

Edited by J.C., 12 December 2009 - 01:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

Unplug the new hard drive and try to boot.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

If what dpunisher asks you to do does not work try this web page:

http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm

I have used this many times. Once you are online, you can edit your NTLDR and Boot.ini.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users