Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone familiar with Samsung appliances?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:39 AM

My wife's been ragging on me to get a new refrigerator
I usually research before making a decision, but this was exactly what she wanted and a damn good deal
I'm just hoping I don't regret it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

Neighbor had the same situation as you. He likes to research and her reply "BUT IT"S ON SALE!!!!" Same brand and so far he loves it too. Hope you have the same success. My Samsung experience is limited to monitors and TV's and zero complaints. Now only if they would have USB drink coolers as an option with the Samsung 24" monitor. I'd be happy....

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, it was on sale plus a free extended 4 year warranty
I've found a few complaints today, all with having to do with the condenser freezing up and the service they received.
Which isn't by Samsung anyways
No horror stories
People that are happy with a product rarely take the time to write about it
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Did you mean one of these??

Posted Image
Mark
Posted Image

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

:thumbsup: Yeah but more capacity and less 'Retro'.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

Did you mean one of these??

Posted Image

That's your USB beer can cooler Mark... get back on topic. :thumbsup:

#7 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:01 AM

We bought a Samsung side by side refrigerator about 5 years ago and have had no trouble at all. My wife says she wants to be buried in it.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for the comment wildabeast
I appreciate it
Mark
Posted Image

#9 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:26 AM

You're welcome!
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#10 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

still have a 1950's Frigidaire at the grandparent house (somethings never die). If I'm not mistaken the internals are made by Whirlpool (which makes almost every type of fridge including Ammna, Frigidaire, etc) or the other company (who's name escapes me). As for the condenser freezing up that has alot to do with "eco-friendly" refrigerants (which oddly enough will kill you if any is left in the system and you try to solder a loose connection improperly, sarrin gas is never fun)

Posted Image

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

"eco-friendly" refrigerants

I was leery of that also when I replaced my house condenser this summer, But you're kind of out of options
My old GE is over 20 years old and hasn't gone belly-up quite yet, but she's making some strange sounds
Almost sounds like the high side valves slapping every now and then
Mark
Posted Image

#12 jcalaz2003

jcalaz2003

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

Garmanma -- I was searching the internet for places to submit complaints about samsung appliances when I found your post and HAD to register on this site to add to this thread -- Hopefully its not too late already !

Last year, 12/29/2008, my wife and I purchased a complete Samsung stainless steel kitchen ( french door refrigerator, dishwasher, electric range and microwave ) and installed the appliances about a week later. From DAY ONE, we had issues with the icemaker not making ice and the microwave making a "clicking" noise while running. After calling the Samsung Customer Service Center, the icemaker issue seems to have been resolved but the microwave noise comes and goes. Almost a year later, before the warranty expired, I decided that I would make Samsung come and figure out what this noise was before the appliance failed out of warranty and on November 12, 2009 I called Samsung to request service and was provided the Service Request number and the name of the Service company -- I was told to expect to be contacted by the company within 24-48 hours to schedule the service appointment. A week later, after not hearing from the service provider, I again called Samsung and was told that they would re-fax the request to the service provider and provided me with their phone number as well. The next day, I called them and advised them that I had been waiting to hear from them to schedule the service -- No answer so I left a message. About a week later, still no response so I called the service provider again and this time got an answer. I explained that I had been waiting and was given some lame excuse that they had not ever received any communications from Samsung ( but said nothing about my voice message a week earlier ) and told me that the "technician" would look over the complaint details and get back to me within 48 hours to schedule the appointment yet, after another week, still nothing and I called Samsung to demand a different service provider. The second service provider ( A-1 Appliance ) contacted me promptly and scheduled the appointment for December 7, 2009 ( I had to take a day off work to be there during THEIR business hours ). By the time the technician arrived, the "clicking" noise in the microwave had gotten noticeably worse, the handle broke off the microwave door, several buttons on the touch pad stopped working and the microwave unpredictably started by itself. On December 7th, the technician arrived and diagnosed the problems ( needs a new turntable motor, the entire door needs to be replaced as well as the touch pad ). Parts would be ordered and I would be contacted when the parts arrived -- I wasn't offered a copy of the service report that I was required to sign but demanded one ( just in case, for proof ). TWO WEEKS later, still nothing. I again contacted Samsung and let them know that my recent order for a new Samsung front loading washer and dryer had been cancelled due to the obvious lack of reliability of the appliances and, more importantly, non-existent service. On the following business day, I was contacted by A-1 Appliance to let me know that they were waiting for parts that were on back-order and would be contacted when the parts arrived -- Another week has passed and it is obvious that the parts are on a "slow boat from China" because I could have driven to anywhere in the country and back to pick up the parts ... TWICE in the time that I have been waiting for Samsung to take care of their junk.

As I said, our order for a new Samsung washer and dryer has been cancelled and we will buy another GE or Maytag -- They cost less that the self-proclaimed "top-quality", over-priced Samsung appliances and, in my past experiences, both GE and Maytag appliances have provided problem-free operation for YEARS ( My previous Maytag refrigerator lasted 14 years ... 8 years after surviving a house fire in 2002 !!! The previous GE range and microwave were in PERFECT working condition after 8 years but replaced to match the refrigerator. Oh ... The washer and dryer we now have are ALSO Maytag .... 14 years old and STILL working flawlessly ( scratched up a bit but still working and didn't cost $3000 either ).

Bottom line .... If you already bought your Samsung appliance, I wish you alot better luck than we have had with ours but, in my opinion, Samsung appliances are over-priced, unreliable junk and I'll never own another at ANY price.

#13 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

Well, It's finally here, no thanks to Lowes
The thing is HUGE. Another 1/2 inch it would have even made it into the house, let alone fit anywhere.
It's so tall at least I won't have people stacking things on top, never to be seen again
My wife's in love with it, so I'll keep my fingers crossed on reliability
Now I need to go get a loan to fill it up :thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image

#14 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:53 AM

I hope you like yours as much as we like ours! I know there are people who have bad complaints about Samsung, but you can find bad with any company or product. Hopefully you got a good one.. :thumbsup:
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users