Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is security tool permantently gone?? and should i keep avg?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fullneasy

fullneasy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

my mom accidentally downloaded it when she thought it was a good thing....i went into safe mode and scanned w/ avg free and mbam then i used bleeping computer's rkill and mbam...so it should be gone right!?!?!

AND
SHOULD I CHANGE MY ANTIVIRUS? I HAVE AVG,ADAWARE,AND ZONE ALARM FIREWALL...NOT EVEN ONE DETECTED OR STOPPED SECURITYTOOL? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN??

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 11 December 2009 - 10:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

Well...Ad-Aware has not been on anyone's recommended list for some time...the major defense items are critical updates and if you are still sporting SP2 and think you are protected...or still using IE 6 or 7 and have the same illusions...are you beginning to see how it happens?

The point I'm trying to make is that there is a lot more to system defense...than a firewall...an AV program...and an antispyware/adware program.

I would suggest changing a few of your choices....everybody has favorites, so I'm not going to give you mine. Do the research, choose tools that you are comfortable with (and which do the job)...but it all starts with the basics.

Example: Adobe Flash Player comes out with updates all the time and users ignore the real implications that...not installing the most current version of FP makes their systems more vulnerable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...e-security-tool. If you read the first section of this link, you will find out how it probably made its way onto your and other systems.

Louis

#3 fullneasy

fullneasy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

but what can i do besides updating everything bcuz i just dont have the time...and what FREE security do you recommend?
and security tool is pretty much long gone right??

#4 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

You should check out the free security recommendations here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users