Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP laserjet 4 (Parallel to USB)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EJohnB

EJohnB

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

I bought an IOGear GUC1284B to connect my HP laserjet 4 to a new Windows 7 Pro 64bit Computer - it sees the cable but doesn't see the printer on the other end. I installed the Correct HP Drivers prior to connecting the cable.

I suspect I need a different cable - can't get a response from IOGear tech support E=Mail or phone support so coming here as a next resort.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

EJohnB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

You don't provide the model detail for the printer?
Suggest you uninstall printer, Reboot, reinstall printer.
Other than that go to Windows compatibilty Centre and check your Laserjet model for compatibility. See:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibi...x?type=Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users