Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something is blocking my ports!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DigiDoc

DigiDoc

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hi guys,

I have a (Speedtouch) ST5x6v6 Orange R6.1.0.5 router and currently I'm having serious trouble configuring everything correctly. I need to open port 8044, or any port for that matter, and following the steps provided on this great website, everything should work. I have a static IP and the port is forwarded. When I check with PFPortCheck (a tool which checks wether a port is forwarded or not), it clearly says both ports are open but when I use any other online port check tool, all of them give an error saying "Connection Refused". When I remove the port forwarding and check again, I get "Connection Timed Out". So there's definitely a difference, but the port is still closed even after forwarding it in my router.

I forwarded my Xbox 360 exxactly the same way and it works perfectly fine. I can connect to every player and I have no lag/connection trouble at all. So there's something on my PC blocking these ports, or refusing connections, but what? I disabled Windows firewall and I uninstalled NOD32, and even after uninstalling it, I still got that error... I also disabled the firewall on my router for as long as I can remember. So NOD32 isn't the problem, Windows and router firewall are both off so that can't be the problem... what's wrong here? :thumbsup:

I use wireless internet via a USB internet stick (NETGEAR) and it works flawlessly. The only thing which annoys the crap out of me is that I can't open these ports!

What am I doing wrong? Any help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samuria

samuria

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

Its hard to get a proper check from within your own network. The other thing is to test the port you must have something running on that port to reply to the port test or it will fail

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Make sure the protocol is correct. TCP or UDP. I can't see if there is a Both under the selection for protocol.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users