Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High capacity CD-R (NOT DVD/R)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 babicz

babicz

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

Anyone know the highest capacity CD-R's? Can't find anything online. I have a 3 gig ISO file to burn (i.e. Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit :D) and I'm wondering if it's even possible? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

Sure, it's possible to burn it...to DVD, like everyone else did with Win 7 betas and RCs.

It's meant to go on a DVD because of its size.

Louis

#3 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

Sure, it's possible to burn it...to DVD, like everyone else did with Win 7 betas and RCs.

It's meant to go on a DVD because of its size.

Louis

And how is this done? I have Nero6 but I can't seem to find the UDF settings...any other suggestions?

#4 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

IMGBurn (free) will burn an ISO image to DVD.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Edited by 12x48y, 11 December 2009 - 06:47 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,730 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

Choose from the following: How to successfully burn or write an ISO-image to cd or dvd - http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm .

Do not try to use Nero (been there, done that)...the programs listed above are much simpler/quicker.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 11 December 2009 - 06:48 PM.

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

If you are using Windows 7, then just double-click on ISO file. Windows 7 has inbuilt ISO burning support :thumbsup:

#7 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

IMGBurn (free) will burn an ISO image to DVD.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Can you help me out? It's all dled and I clicked Image-->Disc. Popped in the DVD-R and clicked on the file (iso) I want to burn to DVD-R, but at the bottom it says Device Not Ready (Unable to recover TOC). Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

#8 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

Choose from the following: How to successfully burn or write an ISO-image to cd or dvd - http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm .

Do not try to use Nero (been there, done that)...the programs listed above are much simpler/quicker.

Louis

Can you help me? I've tried with 2 different programs and both failed, saying that they 'Cannot find the table of contents'...whatever that it...

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,730 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

I use http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm. 1, 2. 3.

Louis

#10 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:32 PM

Can you help me? I've tried with 2 different programs and both failed, saying that they 'Cannot find the table of contents'...whatever that it...

If you are using some sub-standard DVD brand, try out some good quality DVD of standard brands like Samsung or Sony etc.
If you still get the error, you can try upgrading your DVD drive's firmware.

TOC contains information of DVD's contents. If TOC error pops up, you may have bad quality DVD or your DVD-writer has become old, you might want to upgrade its firmware.

#11 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

Make sure u have the right DVD's and DVD burner. There are DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs. Todays burners should do everything, but older ones might only burn DVD-Rs and maybe you're putting in a DVD+R. Just my thoughts.

#12 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

Make sure u have the right DVD's and DVD burner. There are DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs. Todays burners should do everything, but older ones might only burn DVD-Rs and maybe you're putting in a DVD+R. Just my thoughts.

Haha I actually found out that it wasn't working because I only have a CD-R burner, not DVD-R burner...lol fail. Thanks for the help, I'll try harder next time before I post stupid questions haha.

#13 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

If you are using some sub-standard DVD brand, try out some good quality DVD of standard brands like Samsung or Sony etc.
If you still get the error, you can try upgrading your DVD drive's firmware.

TOC contains information of DVD's contents. If TOC error pops up, you may have bad quality DVD or your DVD-writer has become old, you might want to upgrade its firmware.

Haha thanks for your help. Read reply below :thumbsup:

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,730 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

I've made the same mistake several times...I inserted a DVD disk in a CD-burner...and wondered why it wasn't reading/burning. We won't be the last ones to make that mistake :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users