Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LandShark27

LandShark27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Could someone help me out with the difference between graphic cards? I am looking for a new computer and I have software that says it needs an "OpenGL 2.0 or compatible grapics card". The system I am looking at has a Mobile Intel® GL40 card. Are these the same or is one better than the other? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

Could someone help me out with the difference between graphic cards? I am looking for a new computer and I have software that says it needs an "OpenGL 2.0 or compatible grapics card". The system I am looking at has a Mobile Intel® GL40 card. Are these the same or is one better than the other? Thanks!

The Mobile Intel GL40 is an onboard graphics chipset and not a dedicated graphics card. It simply can't be compared to the latter.

Can you please tell us what kind of expansion slot your PC has? Or simply post the system specifications here.
Don't forget to mention your budget for the new card.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 11 December 2009 - 04:02 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users