Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

~puppy problems~

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ~Tomo~

~Tomo~

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum & a new user of linux, :thumbsup:
I have set up a usb drive O/S with puppy, which works well, with one exception, i'm having problems geting it to find my Ethernet controller.
The controller is :NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps
I have looked around other sites & seen a few problems with this set up, & to be honist got confused with some of the help thats been offered in the posts i'v found
I'v downloaded all the drivers from NVIDIA site & put on the same usb drive as my O/S in the hope it would hopfully automatacly be found & install but have found it wont.
i allso tried to install my drivers that came with the contraller (windows versions) via the onboard setup, with no joy

please can any one tell me in "lame man" turms how i go about installing the drivers i have

~Tomo~
The newby :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willm

Willm

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

Hi,

Welcome to BP!

I would like to see the output from a command. If you could open terminal, and then enter the command
lspci
This will tell us all of the hardware that is connected via a pci slot to your computer.

Then we can help you find the correct drivers.

Cheers!

#3 ~Tomo~

~Tomo~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:01 AM

ok i should of put more info maybe :thumbsup:

The network controller isnt on a PCI it's intergrated into the motherboard

~basic specs of set up~
ECS GeForce 8100 8100VM-M5 motherboard
AMD Phenom 9500 X4 Quad Core
Onboard Nvidia Geforce 8100 graphics SLI
PCI-Express X16 Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Integrated 6-channel High Definition audio VIA Technologies, Inc.
8GB DDR2 800MHz memory

hope that helps, i will give the code a try, but i'm guessing you thought it was on a PCI

~Tomo~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users