Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heat sink and fan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

I recently Built an AMD 4200+,ASRock A780GXH/128M, 4 gigs Corsair 800Mhz ram, in a Cooler Master CM 690 case. I overclocked the 4200+ from 2.2Ghz to 2.6Ghz. Now to get to 2.8Ghz I feel I need a better cooler. Any suggestions?Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:28 AM

I can only review what I have used.

Xigmatek S1283, Xigmatek Dark Knight, and Scythe MUGEN-2. All were used on overclocked I7 920s, and all did a great job. The MUGEN-2 was the best of the three, but it is so da*ned big. One thing you need to pay attention to with AMD mounts is that the cooler can't be "clocked" in any direction, you are limited in your mounting options. It matters when you have RAM with tall heatsinks.

Sometimes you can find the S1283 for $29, which is a bargain.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:11 AM

Thanks dpunisher, I am familiar with both, I bought a schathe, 120 mm fan for the front of a computer and it was whisper quiet,Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users