Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dr. Watson? What is this?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dserban2

dserban2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

Since yesterday, everything I reboot my computer I get an error saying that Dr. Watson Postmortem crashed. If I try to close the error the computer freezes.
When I press CTR. Alt. Del I see under processes drwatson. If I stop it the computer resumes.

Any ideas how to get rid of this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:09 PM

From Windows "Help"

"Dr. Watson overview
Dr. Watson for Windows 2000 is a program error debugger.

The information obtained and logged by Dr. Watson is the information needed by technical support groups to diagnose a program error for a computer running Windows 2000. A text file (Drwtsn32.log) is created whenever an error is detected, and can be delivered to support personnel by whatever method they prefer. You also have the option of creating a crash dump file, which is a binary file that a programmer can load into a debugger.

If a program error occurs, Dr. Watson will start automatically. To start Dr. Watson, click Start, click Run, and then type drwtsn32. To start Dr. Watson from a command prompt, change to the root directory, and then type drwtsn32."

Type "Dr Watson" in Windows "Help" (start/help/click on the index tab/type Dr Watson in the window.)

It will describe how to use it and whet the reports mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users