Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 atazk

atazk

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

System:
Hp pavilion dv9005us laptop
AMD turion 1.6ghz
1gb ram
Win XP
100gb harddrive
nvidia geforce G0 6150

My laptop no longer wants to start/boot up, when the power button is pressed i can hear the internal fan start to run, but then suddenly dies. All the lights on the laptop do come on though, there is no screen its just all black. I have inserted cd's and the cd drive seems to run fine, but nothing happens.

This happened around the time microsoft released new updates (around Nov27) that apparently have given people many problems. The automatic updates went through, and as always restart the computer. When it shut down and attempted to reboot the computer did not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by atazk, 10 December 2009 - 11:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

Try running the hard drive diagnostic.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3253944
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users