Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen.....please help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brunofan

brunofan

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

A few weeks ago I was hit with some mal-ware that installed a program called Antivirus System Pro. After gettting help from these forums I was able to get rid of it but my computer just hasn't been the same. All of a sudden last night I was on the internet and the dreaded Windows blues screen of death came up. This was the 1st time I have seen it before and it suggested a restart of the computer. I did that and the blue screen came back up. It then recommended re-booting in the safe mode and I am unable to do that either. It takes me back to the blue screen and I can do nothing else with the computer. At the bottom I get some technical error codes that are:

0x0000007e (0xC0000005, 0x82f2de7a, 0xF8A797b0, 0xF8a794ac)

Can someone please offer some advice?? I am somewhat knowledgable about computers but nowhere near as advanced as most of the people that post here so if someone has the patience to help me out I would greatly appreciate it! I am posting from a 2nd computer in the house.

Thanks to all,
Barbara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm. Click on 7E in left column.

From http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...rus-system-pro:

"If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, then please follow the steps outlined in the topic linked below:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log."

Can you post a link to your thread in the BC malware forums? Thanks.

Louis

#3 brunofan

brunofan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for the quick response and I will take a look into this tomorrow when I have more free time and will post back the results!

#4 brunofan

brunofan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

Louis:

Will it be okay if I send you a message about my ongoing issues?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

No.

The forum is here to discuss computer issues...publicly.

The reasons for that should be obvious...no one person has a firm grasp of all the different situations which can take place on a system...and many heads taking a look at a given problem...is much more likely to result in successful attempts to diagnose and resolve that problem.

We all make mistakes, miss pertinent data, etc...I purposely choose not to respond to PMs about computer situations for those reasons. My ego is large, but it doesn't allow me to presume that I have "the answer" about anything and I count on forum participation to supplement any comments/suggestions that I may make in my (sometimes futile) attempts to try to help.

Just post anything you consider pertinent...and all of us will try to sort it out :thumbsup:.

Have you posted in one of our malware forums, as I indirectly suggested? If you have and they have given you a clean bill of health, then we can try to dig into the STOP error as something that is definitely not related to malware.

Louis

#6 brunofan

brunofan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:26 AM

My main issue right now is not being able to get past the blue screen for any reason but will head over to one of the Malware forums you suggested...thanks.

Edited by brunofan, 13 December 2009 - 07:35 AM.

#7 brunofan

brunofan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

I got zero help from anyone when posting a link to my problem over in the other forum as suggested.

I have finally resolved this issue/problem on my own so we can close this topic.......thanks!

#8 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

Unfortunately that happens some times...May I ask what did you do to resolve the issue? It may possibly help others that may have a similar problem (outside of throwing the computer out the window...)LOL
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

I looooove users...who post and don't mind taking...suggestions, advice, attempts at assistance...from the many members of the forum...but who fail to give just a little bit of that back...for those users out there who might experince the same situation...for which they sought assistance.

Reminds me of a person in a strange town...who doesn't mind asking directions...but when confronted with a similar situation where a different stranger is seeking directions...is not thoughful enough to share her/his knowledge.

Just a commentary on how some of us work as human beings.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users