Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Professional with SP2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mail2usa

mail2usa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:14 PM

Can anyone help to answer this question regarding Microsoft XP Professional OS? I am looking into purchasing the latest version of Windows XP Professional OS. There are several different Versions out there like the E850-2665 or E85-2674. Which is the most current full version released by Microsoft? I know that you can always update to the latest via the Microsoft site, but I need to initially install the latest full version of Windows XP Professional OS with SP2 that has the most current updates. Thanks mail2usa

//Mod edit: E-mail addy modified to protect from spam bots.

Edited by KoanYorel, 13 August 2005 - 08:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:26 PM

I would think the latest version would be one that included SP2.

The best thing to do would be to call a Microsoft Reseller and see what they say.

I bought a Win XP Pro oem SP2 disc from an internet sales company a few months ago for $114.99. It had a proper COA and key number and validated after I installed it. It was the full hologram Microft disc and came with a mouse so Microsoft's requirement that it be bought with hardware was met. Just be careful you aren't buying a counterfeit which won't validate.

#3 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:44 PM

As of October 17th, 2004. All Windows XP versions include SP2. At that time they pulled all previous versions (which at that time only including SP1).

So, as long as you buy from a reputabile company, I don't think you will have any problems.
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

#4 neochivers

neochivers

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:25 AM

it will say on the box(retial), or disk(OEM), if it has SP1 or 2, eg Microsoft windows XP Profesional Sp2
"If anything goes wrong blame it on the guy who cant speak english" : Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users