Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware unable to remove selected malware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OhioMom

OhioMom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

Hi. There is something going on with my computer, can't get on internet and many pop up messages, and I have tried to run MBAm. When I click on "Remove Selected" it starts doing the removal but then a box pops up with "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has encountered a problem and needs to close." There are three boxes to choose to click on...Debug, Send Error Report, or Don't Send. When I click on Debug I get a new pop up box with "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close". Same three boxes to choose to click. I click on Debug and then get a pop up box with "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime error. Program:C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe.

I have multiple pop up boxes coming up when I just log on:

dsca.exe-Application error

27578134.exe has encountered a problem

Sysfader:IEXPLORE.EXE-application error. Instruction at "0x03a0bdd9" referenced memory at "0x03a0bdd9". The memory could not be written. When I click "OK" to terminate this it came up with multiple other boxes with different numbers...0x0403bdd9,0x03eabdd9,0x0455bdd9,0x053abdd9.

ctfmom.exe Application error

Data Execution Prevention-Microsoft Windows...to help protect your computer Windows has closed this program: Internet Explorer.

I am unable to get on the internet from my computer and am currently using my husbands laptop to post.

I would appreciate anyones advise or help. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:37 PM

I would try logging in to safemode with networking and then run the scanfrom there. To log in to safemode gently tap the F8 key as the computer reboots and then select safemode with networking from the list. If you are able to run the scan in safemode then there's probably some infection that was preventing it from runnig in the regular Windows mode. If not then there may be a problem with the Malwarebytes. I have had a similar problem and I had to un-install it and then re-install it. I emailed their tech support and was told it was possibly a conflict between it and AVG free though I'd never had that problem before... EVER.

I suspected it was something buggy with the update that had come through.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 OhioMom

OhioMom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

Thank you, I will try Safemode.

#4 OhioMom

OhioMom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

OK, when I try to run in Safemode with Networking, I get a blue screen that states "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." The screen directs you to restart, which I did, and if the same screen reappears to follow these steps "Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical Information:***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF8A1A51C,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

I want to check for viruses but can't even run MBAm. I have no new hard drives. I do not know how to check my hard drive or run CHKDSK /F.

Thanks!

#5 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

You can try running Hirens Boot CD 10.0 which will run scans before the OS boots (you have to boot from the CD). The other option would be to pull the hard drive, slave it to a known working computer and run scans with MBAM, SAS and antivirus removing what they find and then remount the hard drive in its computer and then run the scans again.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users