Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"other user" problem at start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 katie.smith

katie.smith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

Because of another vista problem i had to run Destructive Recovery.
While that was working, the recovery had completed and was now working on startup/installing. and then it froze and so i had to restart it.
then when it started up again, it ran some files through a black screen then took me to the login place and the only login was named "Other User" which asks for a username and password and i have tried all options and it doesnt work.
i tried to run recovery again (by tapping F8 repeatedly, which takes me to the black page of options) however after clickin "repair" option it doesnt allow me back to Tech Guys Recovery page, just keeps sending me back to the log in page.
PLEASE please help! i have ALOT of coursework to complete...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

hmmmm destructive recovery is never a good option in my book. Im afraid your only options that I see are to either hook the drive up as a slave to another or use a linux live CD to recover the files off of it, then reformat the entire hard drive.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Neths62

Neths62

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:49 AM

I'm trying to assist in getting this sorted for K, but it seems a bit above me. Could you give - or point me in the right direction to - some info on the Linux cd method?

An idiots guide would be useful!

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users