Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell dimension 3000 boot up problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

hi-
it has never done this before,but the other day when i turned on my computer it worked fine then a man from the internet company came and tried to install a wireless internet connection and when he tried to restart the computer it woud turn on and you would see the windows xp loading screen then it would go tthe boot up screen, stay there for a while and then it would restatrt and do it all over again. it was doing this until i turned it off. after a couple of restarts it works fine now. i wasnt able to install any internet service that day and i am going to have to call them again, but i would like to know what happened first so it doesn't happen again. He tried to install a linksys wireless g usb network adapter.
thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skuffer

skuffer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

Woner why nobosy has reoplied.

#3 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

It is very possible that the chipset drivers in your machine need to be updated.

Go here and download and install the chipset software. This may help with your USB woes on your computer.

If, when installing another USB adapter your computer once again has a problem booting up, I would suggest installing an internal wireless network card and forget the usb adapter.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#4 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

thank you for the reply, but what chip set do you think ill need? also, i have never had this problem while using othere usb devices (ipod, cell phone, etc) also, what would be the best way to gt them on the desktop since i can't get online?

Edited by sharpie, 10 December 2009 - 11:59 PM.

#5 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

Your Dell 3000 already has the Intel 865 Chipset installed on the motherboard. It is not replaceable unless you replace the motherboard.

As far as getting them on your computer, I would download them to a flash drive or burn them to cd and take them to the 3000 machine.
Techextreme

-- Seneca

#6 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

but there is a list of ones that you can download and i just needed to know which one was the right one.

#7 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

You are looking to download this file: infinst911_autol.exe

That is the Intel Chipset Driver package for your chipset and many others.
Techextreme

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users