Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to burn dvds from the internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 mickmason

mickmason

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

Im new to this site and not really computer savy so any help would be appreciated.Also when responding please put everyting in laymans terms and dont use acronyms.My wife and i recently started trying to burn dvds of free movies on the internet.We were successful in downloading the movies to our hard drive as well as burning the movie to a dvd disc.The movie will play perfect from the computer hard drive and the dvd disc as well when played on the computer.However when we try playing the dvd in our dvd player it keeps freezing up and sometimes just plain locks up.We are using Vuze as the site to download the movies from and Divx as the program to burn the disc.I am using Vista operating system and have dual dvd-rw drives.System has large hard drive and lots of memory.The disc i am using are TDK DVD+R. Roxy Creator came installed on the computer which i tried to use to burn with but every time i tried it kept telling me to insert a blank disc when one was already inserted.This is why we used Divx.Shouldnt i be able to use Roxy Creator?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

Now, I'm assume you are downloading the 'DVD-Ripped' AVI files off the internet, using the vuze software?
If so, these AVI files are either DivX or Xvid encoded during the ripping process and are essentially DivX or Xvid files.
Some can also be of the MP4 file type.

On the computer, with a few essential codecs and software installed, you'll never have a problem playing those files but this is not the case with DVD players.
Your DVD player must support DivX/Xvid and/or MP4 files, to play the movies you have downloaded.

Alternatively, you can convert the files you have downloaded into the DVD format (AVI -> DVD conversion) using any third-party software, following which you can burn it as a movie onto a DVD.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

I use AVStoDVD, DVDFlick, (you'll also need IMGburn with these ) or DVDStyler to burn DVD's from the net, all free.
You'll have to experiment with them to see what will do the best job burning DIVX to DVD. I won't say I didn't encounter some problems from time to time, but for the most part the DVD's I did burn play well in all my DVD players.

I had trouble with the AVStoDVD no-install package, but finally got it working, might want to avoid the no-install, and DL the one with the installer. you'll also need to download and install the current versions of Avisynth, and FFmpeg, and place them in AVStoDVD's folder. It's a pain, but it's a good program to have.

Avanti will convert some videos so it can be burned to DVD with the software mentioned above, also free.

Gspot, or Mediainfo is free and will give you information you might need on your video file.
AFAIK Gspot won't work on Vista.

Before I burn a DVD, I choose the option to make an ISO image of the DVD saved to the hard drive first, so I can preview the footage before burning it. Sometimes the audio is out of sync. the quality is bad, or the menu is wrong. This gives me a chance to fix it without wasting a DVD, or use a DVD-RW so you can erase it.
I use VLC media Player (free) to play the ISO image.

A good place to start would be Videohelp for reviews, downloads, and guides.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/al...-dvd-converters

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Avanti

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDstyler

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

Vuze is a bittorret client formerly known as Azureus. The movies and other media you may think are free are quite likely copyright protected. In accordance with our forum rules since this is a US based forum, the rule states:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Therefore this topic is now closed. If you have any questions please PM any Moderator. Thank you for your understanding.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users