Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compatability issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JJ133169

JJ133169

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

hey all, i was wondering where in windows i can go to see what programs windows has set automatically under compatibility mode. i see theres a service you can turn off to turn it off ( i dont know though if that fixes what it did) but i really don't want to turn it off for the pc, but i want to edit what programs are in that mode. for example the other day i had a random steam freeze ( steam games ) and because of that random freeze, that once in a while happens, on all operating systems, the computer said it put it in compatibility mode, no choice, no option, not even telling me what KIND of compatibility mode, and now steam says to turn if off to aviod conflicts. heres the issue, when you would normally go to turn it on of off, the program properties , or the .exe properties says its off, so where in windows can i go to turn if off, since its supposedly off. i even tryed turning it on, Just to turn it off, and that did not help at all. Any idea's?

Thanks

and if this makes no sense, heres a link to which service im talking about, im just trying to find out where the settings are kept for this to turn off compatibility mode for steam.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4161/disabl...ws-7-and-vista/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

Right click on the executable, select whatever option iws there for compatibility mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users