Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acronis True Image.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

I wonder if some kind soul can help me to get my Acronis True Image to work properly again.

Running Windows XP SP2 and ATI version 8

This program has been running beautifully since first installed two years ago and I have succesfully used it to create full
images, incremental images and once to clone an entire HDD to a new disc.
Now it is in a sulk and it will not let me create an image, effect cloning or explore or verify an exisiting image.

The program will accept all the instructions from me, but when I click the final "proceed" I get a pop-up window the the
effect........."E00640006 failed to create scheduled task. Error # 1722 The RPC server is unavailable"

Googling leads me to believe that this is occasioned by the Acronis Scheduler2Service service is not running.

When I look into My Computer>manage>services, that service is showing there as "enabled" and "automatic start"...but it is
not started !
When I attempt tp start it, I get the error........."Could not start AcronisScheduler2Service service on local computer. Error
1058 The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it"

Well, the service is not disabled, and when I look in My Computer>manage>devices.........the AcronisTrueImage

BackupArchive Explorer is shown there as healthy and "working properly"

I have reinstalled ATI three times now, and still the problem persists.

Can you offer any help in curing this issue.
Thank you in advance for any help offered.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:44 AM

Is the Remote Procedure Call service there and started?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 alumbagh

alumbagh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the RPC service is there, set to auto and it is started.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

Hmm, Google suggests a re-installation of the program is normally expected to solve that problem. Since it hasn't helped you, I'd wonder whether a corrupted installation is preventing TI from un-installing correctly, so the corruption is being preserved into the new installation.

Unfortunately Version 8 is four versions old, so isn't really being supported any more. There is a cleanup utility, but it's for later versions, and only says it "may" work for older ones:

http://kb.acronis.com/content/1727

Unless someone else has a better idea, it could be worth trying, but of course there's some chance it could create a disaster - since you have TI, I assume you have backup images of the system and a bootable TI recovery CD/DVD? :thumbsup:

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users