Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

aren't these supposed to help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jpc43

jpc43

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:32 PM

Hi all
I've recently downloaded adaware and spy bot S&D to help this comp

my virus scanner is detecting virus' with application names that use both adaware and spy bot in the names..

I'm wondering if this means that the programs are helping it to find them and then deleting them,or if these programs actually have malware attached?!
AMD athlon 64 3000+,Nvidia Geforce 6200,2x120G HDD,WIN media center '05

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:53 PM

What are the paths to the viruses detected? That would determine if they were in the quarantine files of either Ad-Aware or Spybot. If you could provide an example, it would clarify the question. I have never read anything to indicate that either Ad-AwareSE or Spybot have ANY malware in their application downloads.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users