Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something wrong with this

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BWade

BWade

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

Ok their is a long explanation about this so you guys can get the just of what happened. We have like 6 computers at this house, and someone came to work on one of the older computers and borrowed the PSU out of this new computer and plugged it into the other computer. He also took the CMOS battery out and put it in that computer also. When everything got back on this computer(which was working fine beforehand), I turned on the computer and it said that something was done wrong or the BIOS has been flashed and required a hard boot. I restarted and it bypassed that error and got back on the computer. Now I can't log into anything outside of a browser such as AIM, YIM , Full Tilt Poker, and various other clients. My computer time says I am in 2003 with a different time but it was already set and everything beforehand. Also when I go to log into a site instead of getting the login page firefox gives me a security warning below

{<his Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.>}

What do I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advanced!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

You took the CMOS battery out for a long time. This has reset your BIOS to default setting including the date and time, possibly back to 2003.
You should have changed the date and time in the BIOS before booting into Windows.
The security certificates used on your computer are newer than 2003. If you started Firefox or IE without changing the date, you have messed with the certificates somehow.

You can change the date to present time and see it it makes difference.
Download and install root certificates update from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
Then download and re-install Firefox.
Try the System Restore. if it can resolve your issues.

Edited by Romeo29, 09 December 2009 - 11:38 PM.

#3 BWade

BWade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

thanks, the above worked

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep