Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

anybody remember Alpha Centauri?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 znr

znr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:21 PM

I'm sure lots of you have played this awesome turn based strategy game made by Sid Meier (the unofficial sequel to Civ2). I myself have played this on and off for a long time, even up to now. It's truely a great game with tons of replayability. Im sure ppl who have played this game know that you can perform a full install onto your computer, and then every subsequent time you play the game u do not need the installation CD.

I have this game installed right now on a laptop and a desktop. Too bad recently I think I misplaced my CD and can't find it, which means when it comes time to format and/or get rid of the old computers I won't be able to play this game anymore. Since you can install the full contents and then play without the CD, that leads me to believe there _should_ be a way to get the game off the computer and back into a CD, or even just a file on the computer that will allow you to install the game again. Ive tried to google this topic but no luck. I know similar programs exist for other games (for example, I lost my Starcraft CD Key once, and found a program that allows me to obtain the cd key by running the game installed on my computer). Anybody have, or know of, something that can allow me to install my existing copy of Alpha Centauri elsewhere?

(This shouldn't be illegal because I paid for the game a long time ago and own it legitimately. I just lost the CD so it sucks if there's no way to get it back.)

Thanks for all help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users