Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help with borwser

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doughboy85

doughboy85

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hello

I need some help. Recently I dont know when it started but one day I was using my internet and some reason my browser started slowing then freeze when searching on yahoo or google. I searched online and saw that Mcafee site adviser can mess up your search so disabled that and now my internet browser is really slow but not freezing. Then I tried defraging virus/ threat scan and cleaned out cookies history and stuff like that and it seemed to help a lil but not all the way. And now my wifes computer is doing the same PLEASE HELP it's driving me NUTS..... lol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 THEWORLDSALL

THEWORLDSALL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

reboot and reinstall if rebooting doesnt work.

Happened to me once, rebooting worked for me.

#3 doughboy85

doughboy85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

do u mean shut down or a computer wipe

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

Uninstall instead of disable.
If it's not in the Start menu, uninstaller location is here
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6066\Uninstall.exe
I suspect it's safest thing to do, just run the official uninstaller.
Reboot afterwards.

Try Linkscanner it's less intrusive.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 doughboy85

doughboy85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

sorry it took so long to come back but the site adviser was slowing and freezing my internet but now my computer is really slow every day after i defrag the computer and scan for virus is it seems like it helps for lil bit but slows down again next time i turn on computer

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

There is no one size fits all when it comes to computer security. What works well for me might not work for you.
It's possible that McAfee simply doesn't play nice with your system.
There is an easy way to find out if this is the case.
Enable the Windows firewall, then uninstall McAfee. If your computer runs faster without it, don't reinstall it.
If it's still slow, you can either reinstall McAfee or find something else to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users