Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One out of four devices have no connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jgregor5

jgregor5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

I have a Wii, PS3, and a laptop that are all on my wireless network. The laptop for the most part is hard wired but i do occasionally go wireless so i can move around the house with no issues. My problem is with my wifes computer. It will connect to the internet just fine as long as it is hardwired to the router. If i take it off the router i get the limited or no connectivity message. I have got it to connect a few time but only for about 5 or 10 minutes then i get a message saying the client terminated the service. My wife and I both run VPN's on our laptops, again mine works fine wirelessly and hers does not.I have all the wireless settings the same as my laptop as far as the security type and key. I have tried restarting my router but to no avail. does anyone have any suggestions on why this may be happening.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:07 AM

Maybe an add on antenna would help, many adapters have tiny antennas and must be in direct line of sight to work with the router to work well.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

If nothing else is having issues on your network, its not the router. I'd get the drivers for the wireless card on your wife's laptop. Go into device manager and remove the wireless card, go into add/remove programs and remove any program that has to do with the wireless and then reboot. Install the driver you downloaded and set up the security again. This will ensure that the drivers are ok.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users