Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTC Ozone and 8GB MicroSD Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Merope

Merope

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my memory card. I purchased it brand new, placed 1GB of music on it from my computer using an adapter, and put it into my HTC Ozone. The phone asked if I'd like to format the card so that it may be readable on the phone while also warning that everything I'd just copied to it would be deleted. I, of course, selected "yes," figuring I could always just copy the music to the phone again.

The phone formatted the card successfully, or so it said. But the phone does not pick up the SD card. When I go to "Library" or "Update Library" in WMP on the phone, the only source listed is "My Device" instead of that AND "My Storage" (or something like that).
The computer doesn't recognize the card anymore, though the Verizon customer service reps said the computer not recognizing the card is understandable (since it had been formatted for the cell phone).

After I spent hours on the phone with these reps, they recommended that I come into one of their locations. But I'd need to bring my computer to be sure music can be moved from my computer to my cell phone! Because I wouldn't want to leave without knowing for sure that everything is okay.

So I'm hoping to get any advice from you guys before I go to any of their locations.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

It is always advisable to format the memory card through the device, be it a camera or a phone.

I suggest you format the card through the phone, hook it up to your PC using a data cable and transfer the songs from your PC to your phone.
Next, make sure you can directly access/view these files using the File manager.

If all is well, windows media or any other 3rd party software should be able to locate your music.

I personally use a data cable or a bluetooth dongle to transfer content to/from my phone.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 21 December 2009 - 07:56 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users