Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone Issue on Toshiba Qosmio

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 houlaboo

houlaboo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hey. I'm working with a Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701 which is supposed to have an internal microphone. But every time we attempt to use anything with the microphone it says there is an issue but never says what the issue is. In trying to find any settings to work with the microphone they don't seem to exist. It's possible a previous owner deleted the driver but I can't seem to find solutions for this anywhere. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

Microphones don't really need a driver.
Since this one is built-in, see if you can open the Sound Manager(check if the microphone is muted) or Device Manager(look for Microphone) and enable it.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 houlaboo

houlaboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

Tried that already. Sound manager shows no devices installed and device manager doesn't seem to have anything that looks like a microphone.

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

Tried that already. Sound manager shows no devices installed and device manager doesn't seem to have anything that looks like a microphone.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Devices

Make sure the microphone is enabled/unmuted and that the volume isn't low.

If all fails, try reinstalling your audio/sound drivers.
You could also get the latest one from here :
Toshiba Drivers

Edited by ReviverSoft, 09 December 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#5 houlaboo

houlaboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Right. There's not even anything for me to enable or unmute. The computer makes it seem like there is no microphone at all.

#6 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

Right. There's not even anything for me to enable or unmute. The computer makes it seem like there is no microphone at all.

I guess the microphone isn't being recognized by Windows.

Alright then, remove the existing sound driver, reboot your system and install it again.
If you don't have the sound driver setup, you can download it from the link I've posted above.

Please do that and post back.

#7 houlaboo

houlaboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Ok, problem fixed. Thanks for helping in a sort of round-about way. The driver comes along with its own software for adjusting the microphone properties that some bonehead must have deleted. Reinstalling the driver reinstalled the software and I was able to unmute the microphone. Thanks a lot.

#8 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

Ok, problem fixed. Thanks for helping in a sort of round-about way. The driver comes along with its own software for adjusting the microphone properties that some bonehead must have deleted. Reinstalling the driver reinstalled the software and I was able to unmute the microphone. Thanks a lot.

Yeah, the software is the "Sound Manger" I was talking about earlier.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users