Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD-ROM wont open or show in My Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shandley

Shandley

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Ok, so I booted up today and went to put a disc into the Rom and it wouldn't open. No lights flashing or anything. I went into my computer and it wasn't there.

Under computer management, it does not show up. Under device manager, it does not show up;

HOWEVER,

if I scan for new hardware, it will open the drive. If I do it again, it will close the drive. It will not read regardless.

Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dfiore

dfiore

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

Check for a firmware update via the manufacturer's website. Also, perhaps the physical button has stopped working or the driver is corrupted.
Start by removing it, in safe mode, scanning for viruses and rebooting.

If that doesn't work, check for the firmware update.

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

Ok, so I booted up today and went to put a disc into the Rom and it wouldn't open. No lights flashing or anything. I went into my computer and it wasn't there.

Under computer management, it does not show up. Under device manager, it does not show up;

HOWEVER,

if I scan for new hardware, it will open the drive. If I do it again, it will close the drive. It will not read regardless.

Please help!!

Can you confirm that the DVD drive becomes unresponsive only when you load the particular disc or happens with any kind of media?

Possible cause : Bad or unsupported media(disc)
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users