Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games have disappeared!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seg

seg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:56 AM

Hi, I have Windows XP Home edition and when I looked at the games (the standard ones that they give you, e.g pinball, solitare etc,) it just said empty next to it!! Does any1 know why and how I'd be able to get them back? Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:39 AM

those games are small and easyly downloaded just do a google search they will be free.
( www.download.com should have it )
The games wouldnt of just dissapared by the way, someone eles that uses the computer must of deleted them but either way a gogle search will get them back.

#3 cowee

cowee

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

You can also go to the Control Panel and click Add/Remove Programs. On the left hand of the Add/Remove Programs window select Add/Remove Windows Components, then double click Accessories and Utilities and recheck the Games checkbox. Just make sure you have your Windows XP disk because you will most likely be prompted for it to install them again.

#4 Nobluescreen4me

Nobluescreen4me

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:01 PM

Hi, I have Windows XP Home edition and when I looked at the games (the standard ones that they give you, e.g pinball, solitare etc,) it just said empty next to it!! Does any1 know why and how I'd be able to get them back? Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

I had the exact same problem. Just insert your WinXP disk & when you are given your options, choose >install additional Windows products? (or something like that)
you will be presented w/ a box w/ options of what else you want to install, just click on the games box.
IBM Clone Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.08GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 7600 256mb video card AGP, ASUS MB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users