Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conficker Predictions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jonnas_tan

Jonnas_tan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

BitDefender published a whitepaper on the evolution of the Conficker worm, predicting a bigger growth for it in 2010
Paper here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wartortle

wartortle

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Although Microsoft offered a $250,000 reward for information leading to the identities of the cybercriminals behind Conficker, the worm continues to wreak havoc. BitDefender researchers predict that Conficker will become an even bigger threat in 2010 by:

A $250,000 reward? No one can say that Microsoft "doesn't care" about their customers. I'd love to see what these fellows look like in real life.

#3 Jonnas_tan

Jonnas_tan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

yeah, me too! I just hope I will not "friend" with Conficker either; for the moment the only annoying things I get is false "you need to change your password to your e-mail account " e-mails.

#4 cvonfeldt

cvonfeldt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

$250K? these bad guys have made $150M
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279142/big-profits-in-the-rogue-anti-spyware-business/

#5 cvonfeldt

cvonfeldt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

oh! and thanks for the paper mr. tan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users